The Comprehensive Care program will provide patient-focused family-oriented, sustainable service to children living with sickle cell disease and its complications that currently are not adequately coordinated through their multiple specialist providers.
The program is structured to eliminate the number of times children with sickle cell disease visits or are admitted to hospital emergency rooms and as in-patients. The program provides support to pediatric patients with sickle cell disease through a patient-centered integrated approach that combines teams of professionals in and outside of the clinic, including a medical director, nurse practitioners, personalized health coaches and other specialists, based on each child’s specific health needs.
Simply having a child with chronic, complex health issues is emotionally and physically challenging for families. Therefore, enrolling your child in the Comprehensive care program offers you benefits such as;
- Free Registration
- Free Monthly Checkup
- 5% Discount on treatment (Plus extra wellness discount as treatment progresses )
- An initial consultation will cost the sum of N5000. (Billed only to First Time Patients)
- Access personalized health coach.
- Free access to Counseling on diet and nutrition
- Access Special Consultation on other complications caused by sickle cell anemia.
With a focus on maximizing the quality life for every child, the Comprehensive care program is eligible for children between ages 2 to 15 years.
Why you should enroll your child in the comprehensive care program
Navigating health care more often through multiple sources adds an additional set of difficulties that can be eased through the Comprehensive Care program. The program is dedicated to eradicating the stress families’ or caregivers face and helping to enhance the quality of life for children living with sickle cell disease.
Therefore, every child enrolled and monitored on this program is ensure to
- Experience a significant reduction in the occurrence of pain or pain crisis
- Eliminate emergency visits/ hospital stays
- Become healthier and stronger
- Have an increase in appetite and weight gain
- Have in energy level
- Have an increase in school attendance
- Have a better and sound sleep
- Have a boost in overall health
How to enroll in the program/what to expect
- Visit Dr. SickleCell Center for SCD to register your Child for The Comprehensive Care Program (Free).
During your visit, a doctor will perform a physical examination and review your medical history, labs and present symptoms/concerns if any. If all is ready to start your treatment with us, a treatment plan will be drawn up for you to achieve your child’s health goals.
To make the most of your appointment, be sure to ask your doctor any questions or express any concerns you have.
Enroll your Child Now
For more info about the Comprehensive Care program,
Contact Dr. SickleCell Patient Assistance on 0810 784 9881 (also available on Whatsapp).